The New Stone Age
Thursday 19 December 2013, Written by Sarah Cole Tags: New Products
New natural stone tiles millions of years in the making
Original Style is delighted to announce the addition of 95 natural stone tiles to its Earthworks range, including wall and floor tiles suitable for use around the home.
The Earthworks collection is made up of natural stone wall and floor tiles in a range of materials including limestone, slate, marble, terracotta, travertine, granite, basalt and sandstone. One of the most endearing aspects of natural stone tiles is the unique nature of each piece. Natural colour variations occur from tile to tile, making every one unique. Interesting details such as veins or strata add definition, detail and character to every tile.
The new natural stone tiles are available in a wide choice of formats, from beautiful bevelled bricks to large format flagstones or mosaics. Highly polished and honed finishes mean there is something to suit contemporary or more rustic interiors.
Some of the new products include:
- Negra Black - tumbled marble tiles in a brick format feature attractive colour variations typical of natural stone
- Handmade Terracotta - brick or square shaped tiles in a warm hue. The uneven edges add rustic charm.
- Black Flag tiles - big and bold, these attractive slate tiles add a sense of grandeur wherever they are used
- Viano Marble - available in large format tiles, bevelled bricks and matching borders and skirting with a polished or honed finish
- Ardennes Limestone - brick tiles in a subtle cream shade available in a honed or polished finish are simply sophisticated
Stone tiles have been used for centuries thanks to their beautiful appearance and hard wearing qualities. Properly sealed and cared for, natural stone will last for many years and is one of the few products that looks better as it ages.