Export Sales Representative (French National with excellent English or English National fluent in French)
Date Posted: 17 December 2018
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling circa 245 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, ICT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: Associate UK and Export Sales Director
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Export Sales Team, responsible for France, Switzerland (French speaking), Luxembourg and Belgium (French speaking). The purpose of this role is to establish and maintain sales levels against set Company targets, to research leads, and to develop and maintain long term customer relationships.
- Research, develop and maintain a rapport with new and existing dealer networks in own sales areas.
- Identify customers who are not performing and attempt to re-launch sales with them, if this fails identify possible replacements.
- Receive telephone calls from customers, ensuring all calls are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
- Receive and send written communication to dealers and potential customers.
- Project a positive image when representing the Company to customers.
- Ensure up-to-date merchandising techniques are used to enhance sales potential.
- Meet on-going customer service requirements, as needed.
- Provide feedback to internal departments such as Customer Services, Marketing, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse.
- Complete detailed visit reports with up to date sample and display information and summary of points covered during visit.
- Ensure all mileage claims, receipts and expenditure are in line with the Company’s policy.
- Attend selected exhibitions and assist with preparations
- Follow up all hot leads from exhibitions fairly quickly and organise follow up visits where required.
- Attend dealer open days/mini-fairs when required.
- Identify new opportunities for bespoke in house product with existing dealers.
- Research chains in main areas where OEM product could be supplied.
- Maintain customer contact when in office by calling for “catch up” when time allows.
- Pass detailed information for New Display orders to customer services to allow them to process the order in time efficient manner.
- Utilisation of the CRM system (SalesLogix) to facilitate sales.
- Learn our complete product range through training and researching company literature, such as brochures for product/technical information and prices.
- Promote and train retailers on new products, technical information, and promotional activity.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Demonstrate past sales experience with a proven track record.
- Be fluent in French and English.
- Be self-motivated and able to work on own initiative.
- Be able to prioritise workload to ensure all enquiries are dealt with in timely manner.
- Be able to persuade and influence, and be assertive.
- Be proactive with an awareness of business needs
- Be able to generate new business opportunities, managing the full sale process and ultimately bringing the sale to a close.
- Able to review and improve existing retail accounts, replacing where necessary.
- Able to produce timely reports, gather data and compile information.
- A problem solver.
- Able to utilise advertising and/or sales promotion techniques.
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able communicate product information clearly and concisely. The successful incumbent will have outstanding interpersonal skills and be articulate in their delivery of their sales presentation.
- Have a flair for presenting a product combined with the ability to undertake training of customer staff.
- Be very social and outgoing but having the ability to spend time on their own on the road and in hotels, when required to stay away overnight on business.
- Be willing to travel to different countries within European territory and having an enjoyment of driving with a Be willing to travel to different countries within European territory and having an enjoyment of driving with a Be willing to travel to different countries within European territory and having an enjoyment of driving with a full (ideally clean) driving licence.
- Be highly organised with good route planning and time management skills.
- Remain calm under pressure and be able to deal with challenging situations.
- Be flexible in working hours to suit business requirements.
- Have the ability to work to set standards and procedures.
- Be IT literate, with good MS Office skills.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style is based in air-conditioned offices with parking close to junction 30 of the M5 at Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, Devon, EX2 7LF.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.