Retail Assistant Manager - Bournemouth
Date Posted: 1 January 0001
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling circa 245 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, ICT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: Retail Manager
Purpose Of the role
Part of the Retail Team, responsible for assisting the manager in the day to day running of the store, managing the sales team, generating and processing sales through trade and retail customers.
As well as your sales and management responsibilities there is the day to day running of the showroom. Involving answering the phone, replying to e-mails, stock management and maintaining a clean and tidy showroom.
- Key holder – opening and closing the store.
- Assisting the Retail Manager in the running of the store.
- Managing, supervising and motivating staff.
- Training and developing new and existing team members.
- Monitoring and maintaining monthly sales targets.
- Identifying areas in the product range where improvements are required.
- Liaising with other departments where required.
- Assisting with store paperwork.
- Developing in store displays.
- Dealing with customer complaints.
- Banking duties.
- Serving and assisting customers – providing a high level of expertise and knowledge.
- Generating new sales through local businesses.
- Processing sales/cash handling.
- Store security/health and safety.
- Stock replenishment.
- Maintaining up-to-date POS.
- Continually learn about new products and ranges.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- demonstrate excellent customer services skills;
- be responsible;
- be a team leader/motivator;
- possess good communication/delegation skills;
- have decisiveness;
- be a problem solver;
- be numerate;
- be approachable, friendly and polite;
- be able to lift product;
- demonstrate computer literacy;
- be able to follow instruction without supervision;
- be organised;
- be knowledgeable in aspects of DIY (willing to learn technical aspects).
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including commission, a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style’s retail store in Bournemouth can be found at 520, Wallisdown Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QE.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.