Retail Manager - Bournemouth
Date Posted: 1 January 0001
Original Style is a leading manufacturer and distributor in the South West employing staff totalling circa 245 with a proven continuing record of growth. Original Style distributes stone, glass and ceramic tiles and is one of Britain’s largest tile manufacturers with departments in customer services, marketing, finance, ICT, sales, human resources, manufacturing, purchasing, warehousing and retail. Our products are available in over 60 countries and over 2000 quality retail shops worldwide. Original Style tiles have been used in wide-ranging projects from English country pubs to international opera houses, and from the homes of Hollywood film stars to Arabian mosques.
Reports To: Head of Retail
Purpose Of the role
Manage the Retail Team and monitor the day-to-day running of the Retail Store. Generate sales through Retail and Trade customers, concentrating on reaching sales targets and increasing profits. Stock control and merchandise along with staff training and to follow Company health and safety policy.
- Key holder, responsible for opening and closing the store.
- Manage costs and overheads, monthly sales margins and targets and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the store. Understanding of P & L sheets.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about customer activity, pricing and tactics and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company.
- Manage and motivate the staff according to Company policies and employment laws.
- Ensure relevant HR procedures are followed (appraisals, performance management etc.).
- Train and develop new and existing staff members.
- Efficiently and within Company timescales store paperwork/record data.
- Manage cash, payment systems and banking in accordance with Company procedures and policies.
- Monitor day to day procedures of the store.
- Attend meetings and contribute to Company strategy and policy making as required.
- Delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Proficiently deal with customer complaints.
- Increase new sales through trade enterprises.
- Process sales and orders.
- Plan and implement POS, store merchandising, layout and customer flow to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Build and develop store displays.
- Manage and improve staff’s selling and customer service interaction with consumers to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Manage security and health and safety pertaining to staff and customer awareness.
- Ensure excellent standards of housekeeping are maintained together with the condition of all equipment, fixtures and fittings within the shop.
- Ensure competent and timely stocktaking/stock management is undertaken.
- Recruit new staff members in conjunction with the HR department.
- Continually learn about new products and ranges and train staff.
- Liaise with purchasing department and identify product gaps.
- Manage and maintain effectiveness of IT and other essential in-store systems.
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training as provided by the Company or elsewhere, subject to Company approval.
- Help Marketing track where footfall has heard of our store.
- Target increased sales by adding grout/adhesives and other accessories to tile sales.
- Target the sales of identified “Clearance” ranges.
- Control discounts given by the Retail Sales Team.
- Endorse and promote a positive and conscious health and safety culture within the Company. Ensure always take reasonable care of their own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
These are the main functions of the job but employees may be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably required.
- Customer focused.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Competent in managing a small team; being a motivator and a good listener.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- A good communicator.
- Well-presented and confident.
- Aware of health and safety legislation.
- Approachable, friendly and polite.
- Able to delegate.
- A problem solver.
- Numerate and accurate.
- Computer literate.
- Able to take instruction.
- Capable of implementing decisions.
- Knowledgeable of the industry and able to learn.
- Able to lift product.
- Enthusiastic for change and new ideas.
Remuneration and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits including commission, a contributory pension scheme, staff discounts, childcare vouchers, accident insurance and death in service cover. In addition there is structured training and the potential for career progression within our rapidly growing dynamic company.
Original Style’s retail store in Bournemouth can be found at 520, Wallisdown Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH11 8QE.
How to apply
Applicants should send their CV and a covering letter (including salary expectations) to Diane Smith, Human Resources Manager preferably by email to email@example.com or by post to Original Style Limited, Falcon Road, Sowton Industrial Estate, Exeter, EX2 7LB, United Kingdom.